FALCON MRI-based delineation in prostate cancer treatment with focus on focal therapy
FALCON workshops have been organised at ESTRO congresses since 2010 and have been growing steadily in popularity.
At EMUC 2014 a Hands on Training (HOT) Prostate radiotherapy delineation contouring workshop was attended by approximately 20 people.
At EMUC 2015, ESTRO will offer a FALCON delineation contouring workshop on MRI-based delineation in prostate cancer treatment with focus on focal therapy, as follows.
Saturday, 14 November from 14:20-16:00
Workshop leaders and panellists: C. Salembier (BE), B. Jereczek-Fossa (IT), (TBC).
The delineation workshops are aimed at junior clinical or radiation oncologists wanting to improve their contouring skills or more senior specialists wanting to refresh and validate their knowledge and skills in this field.
Structure of the workshops:
- Explanation of the contouring software
- Presentation of the clinical case and the delineation exercise
- 30-40 minutes for delineation on site
- Presentation of the delineation guidelines and discussion between experts and participants
Participants should bring their own laptops. Internet connection will be available. Participants will be limited to 60 persons to keep a strong interactivity in the group.
Please click here to register for the EMUC meeting and the FALCON workshop
FALCON (Fellowship in Anatomic delineation and CONtouring) is the multifunctional ESTRO platform for contouring and delineation. Attending a FALCON workshop offers the opportunity for individual professionals
- to validate their contouring practice during live workshops by comparing them with those from experts and other participants
- to learn the indications proposed by the experts that coordinate the workshops
- to discuss with other participants, experts and panellists
- to communicate and use the delineation guidelines in order to further integrate themselves into daily practice